Last update: 25 May 2018
We’re committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
If you have any questions about this statement or information we hold about you, please ask.
In writing: 16 Hatherley Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4BG
By phone: 0208 308 1308
By email: email@example.com
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you to help arrange your investments, help you manage your investment accounts and, if you agree, tell you about products and services we think may be of interest to you.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from paper and electronic forms, through contact by letter, phone, email or otherwise. For example, when you:
- Request investment information from our website
- Apply for an investment product; by paper or electronically
- Respond to an advertisement
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information including, but not limited to:
- Contact information, for example, name, address, telephone number and email address
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Bank details
- Customer and account reference numbers
- Details of investments
- Telephone call recordings
- Copies of correspondence
- Copies of legal and other documents, for example, birth and marriage certificates, passport, power of attorney
- Prevention of money laundering documentation
- Medical information
- Preferences and interests
Retention of personal information
To ensure compliance with legal obligations, as set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), we keep personal information for a minimum of seven years. We regularly review our retention policy to ensure we don’t keep personal information longer than necessary.
We may use personal information to personalise or improve services and marketing communications for the benefit of our customers and our business.
We obtain consent for marketing communications in accordance with legal obligations.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this by writing to us at 16 Hatherley Road, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4BG or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We won’t pass your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes.
We may share personal information with certain third parties
Third parties we may share your personal information with include:
- Companies administering your investment accounts
- Credit reference agencies
- Government and regulatory bodies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Agents working for us, for example mailing houses
- You can request a copy of personal information we hold about you. In some circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we reserve the right to apply an administration fee.
- You can have any inaccurate personal information corrected.
- You can ask us to delete personal information if there’s no business need or legal requirement for us to keep it.
- In limited circumstances, and only if we don’t have legitimate grounds for processing your personal information, you can object to or restrict such processing.
- You can object to your personal information being used to send you marketing communications.
How to complain
If you believe we haven’t processed your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection obligations, and that you’ve been affected by our non-compliance, you can make a complaint to us by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
If you’re not satisfied by our response, you can raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) the UK’s independent authority set up to enforce the Data Protection Regulations.
We’re committed to ensuring personal information under our control is protected and held securely. We have security policies in place to prevent:
- Unauthorised access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorised modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
However, the internet isn’t always a secure medium and we can’t accept responsibility for security or non-delivery of any email.
CommShare Ltd employees who have access to personal information are obliged to protect it and keep it secure and confidential.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but can usually be declined. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.