It’s easy to transfer – you’ll be glad you did
The easiest way to transfer a Cash ISA or Stocks and Shares ISA is to call us on 0808 1005045 between 9am and 5pm weekdays.
Why transfer an ISA to us?
- Save money with better value funds – often lower charges.
- More investment choice – and it’s easy to switch
- Better control – see valuations, transactions, documents and more online
- Transfer Cash ISAs to Stocks and Shares ISAs* – swap low interest savings for the opportunity to grow your wealth long-term
- Stay in the market – transfer most stocks and shares without having to sell. (This is called re-registration)
- One point of contact – we’re here to help and support you.
- It’s free and easy to transfer – if there are exit penalties we may be able to help – please ask
*Please remember stocks and shares are higher risk than cash and you may get back less than you put in.
Here’s how an ISA transfer works:
- You apply to transfer
- We send you paperwork to sign
- Your ISA provider receives an instruction to transfer
- Your cash and/or investments arrive in your account
- We tell you so you can invest your cash or switch funds
What you need to know
Can I sell my ISA and take out a new one?
No. If you sell your ISA you will lose all your tax benefits. You must follow the transfer process.
How long does a transfer take?
It can take a few days but typically 3-4 weeks.
How much of my ISA can I transfer?
You can transfer as much as you want from previous tax years, but must transfer your entire ISA for the current tax year.
How does a transfer affect my ISA allowance?
It doesn’t affect your allowance and you can transfer anytime.